*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Howdy, fellow sea-lovers and dive enthusiasts! Ever wondered what it would be like to witness the underwater magic of the Galapagos aboard a luxurious boat, surrounded by captivating ocean views?
Well, let me introduce you to the Galaxy Diver II Liveaboard, a little slice of heaven that floats. Combining comfort with adventure, this vessel takes you right into the heart of the marine-rich Galapagos while ensuring you’re well taken care of.
Buckle up, and let’s dive deep into the delights of the Galaxy Diver II.
Liveaboard Luxury – Galaxy Diver II
Dive into the extraordinary marine world of the Galapagos aboard the Galaxy Diver II Liveaboard, a vessel that perfectly combines comfort with thrilling underwater adventure. With excellent service, luxury amenities, and access to top dive sites, you’re in for an unforgettable journey.
- Access to exclusive dive sites
- Professional dive guides
- Varied cabin options for all needs
Powered by Divebooker.com
Overview of the Galaxy Diver II Liveaboard
Ahoy, explorers! Are you ready for an exciting journey aboard the Galaxy Diver II Liveaboard? This beauty is not just a liveaboard boat, but a state-of-the-art floating hotel that transports you to some of the most magical dive sites in the Galapagos.
1. Cabins on the Galaxy Diver II Liveaboard
The Galaxy Diver II Liveaboard is designed with your comfort in mind. There are 9 cozy cabins on board, each equipped with:
- Private en-suite bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Ample storage space
- Ocean view windows or portholes
Whether you’re a solo adventurer or traveling with a partner, you’re sure to find the cabins welcoming and comfortable.
2. Communal Rooms
The communal areas on the Galaxy Diver II offer plenty of space to relax and socialize. These include:
- A spacious lounge with a bar and entertainment system
- A well-appointed dining area where meals are served
- Sun deck with loungers and a jacuzzi
You’ll appreciate these areas as the perfect spots to unwind after a day of diving and soak in the stunning views of the Galapagos Islands.
3. Dive Deck
The dive deck on the Galaxy Diver II is a diver’s dream. It’s spacious, fully equipped, and designed for easy access to the water. It features:
- A dedicated camera table and charging stations for underwater photography enthusiasts
- Personal gear lockers
- Two fresh water showers
Aboard the Galaxy Diver II, every diver, from the novice to the experienced, will find the dive deck accommodating and efficient for their dive preparations and post-dive needs.
Pros and Cons
|Excellent service and high crew-to-guest ratio for personalized attention||Pricing might be a bit high for budget-conscious travelers|
|Variety of cabin types to suit different preferences||Limited availability due to high demand|
|Modern amenities for comfort and convenience||Some cabins might feel a bit compact|
|Professional naturalist dive guides for enriching diving experiences||Potential for rough seas depending on the season|
|Access to unique and biodiverse dive sites in the Galapagos||Dive experience level might be challenging for beginners|
|Delicious cuisine catering to various dietary needs||WiFi service can be inconsistent|
Marine Life in the Galapagos
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to dive with playful sea lions, glide with majestic manta rays, or witness the graceful ballet of hammerhead sharks? The Galapagos Islands, teeming with biodiversity, are a diver’s paradise..
You’ll be immersed in a vibrant underwater ecosystem teeming with marine life that you won’t find anywhere else. Here’s a snapshot of some of the thrilling marine encounters that await you in the Galapagos:
|Marine Life||Unique Features|
|Hammerhead Sharks||Often seen in large schools, these intriguing creatures are a highlight of diving in the Galapagos.|
|Galapagos Sharks||Named after the islands, these sharks are bold, curious, and frequently encountered by divers.|
|Marine Iguanas||The only lizards that swim in the sea, these are a must-see for every diver visiting the Galapagos.|
|Sea Lions||Playful and inquisitive, they love to interact with divers – a truly delightful experience.|
|Manta Rays||Witness these gentle giants gracefully gliding through the water.|
|Flightless Cormorants||An intriguing bird species that has adapted to diving for food.|
Specifications of the Galaxy Diver II Liveaboard
The Galaxy Diver II Liveaboard is more than just a boat – it’s a floating resort designed to provide divers with comfort, safety, and top-notch facilities. The Galaxy Diver II brings together all the elements you need for an unforgettable diving vacation in the Galapagos: ample space for relaxation, modern amenities, and a superb dive deck.
Let’s take a closer look at what this splendid vessel has to offer:
|Length||35 meters / 115 feet|
|Breadth||7.6 meters / 25 feet|
|Cruising Speed||12 knots|
|Cabins||9 cabins with private bathrooms and air conditioning|
|Guest Capacity||16 guests|
|Crew||9, including 2 bilingual naturalist dive guides|
|Safety Equipment||Life rafts, life jackets, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, emergency signals|
|Dive Deck Features||Personal gear lockers, camera table, charging stations, rinse tanks, fresh water showers|
Safety Measures on the Galaxy Diver II Liveaboard
Safety is paramount when embarking on a liveaboard adventure, and the Galaxy Diver II takes this responsibility seriously.
This vessel is equipped with all the necessary safety features and protocols to ensure you have a worry-free and enjoyable diving vacation. From advanced navigation systems to a well-trained crew, every aspect of your safety is taken care of.
- Life-saving Equipment: The Galaxy Diver II is equipped with life rafts, life jackets, and ring buoys.
- Fire Safety: Fire extinguishers and smoke detectors are installed throughout the boat.
- Navigation and Communication: The boat has state-of-the-art navigation systems, including GPS, VHF radio, and a radar system.
- First Aid and Medical: There is a first aid kit and emergency medical supplies on board, and the crew is trained to handle first aid situations.
- Crew Expertise: The experienced crew is trained in emergency procedures and can handle any unexpected situations.
- Diver Safety: Each diver is provided with a surface marker buoy (SMB) and dive computer for safe diving practices.
When to Go to the Galapagos
The Galapagos Islands are a year-round diving destination, but the best time to visit may depend on what you’re hoping to see and your personal preferences for weather and water conditions.
The Galaxy Diver II Liveaboard operates all year, providing you with flexibility and the opportunity to witness the islands’ marine life in different seasons. Here’s what you can expect during the year:
- December to May: This is considered the warm season with air temperatures ranging from 80-90°F (26-32°C) and water temperatures 70-80°F (21-26°C). It’s also the rainy season, but showers are usually short and followed by sunshine. Marine life is abundant with sightings of manta rays and hammerhead sharks.
- June to November: This is the dry and cooler season with air temperatures ranging from 70-80°F (21-27°C) and water temperatures can drop to 65-75°F (18-24°C). It’s a great time to see whale sharks, particularly from July to November. This period also sees an increase in nutrients, attracting a wealth of marine creatures.
Reviews of the Galaxy Diver II Liveaboard
When it comes to selecting a liveaboard, there’s no better source of information than the experiences of previous passengers. The following are actual reviews from divers who’ve embarked on an unforgettable journey with the Galaxy Diver II Liveaboard:
Review 1 – Newbie Diver: Sarah, USA
“As a newbie diver, I was worried about how I would fit in, but the Galaxy Diver II made my trip to the Galapagos unforgettable. The crew was patient, answered all my questions, and ensured I was comfortable. The cabins were cosy, and the food was delicious. The highlight was seeing my first hammerhead shark!”
Review 2 – Experienced Diver: Ian, Australia
“I’ve been on several liveaboards, and Galaxy Diver II ranks among the best. The dive deck was well-designed and spacious, and I was impressed by the camera station. The naturalist guides were extremely knowledgeable about the marine life and the specific dive sites. Diving with whale sharks was a remarkable experience.”
Review 3 – Photography Enthusiast: Yuko, Japan
“Galaxy Diver II offers the perfect blend of adventure and comfort. The boat had ample space for setting up my underwater camera gear. The communal areas were perfect for relaxing and sharing stories with other divers. Above all, the marine life in Galapagos is simply breathtaking, and the trip offered an unparalleled opportunity to capture stunning shots.”
Booking and Pricing for Galaxy Diver II Liveaboard
Booking your adventure with Galaxy Diver II Liveaboard is as easy as diving into the enchanting waters of the Galapagos. Below is a simple step-by-step process to ensure a seamless booking experience:
- Select Your Desired Date: Check the Galaxy Diver II Liveaboard’s availability for the dates you’re considering. Remember, certain seasons might have more marine activity than others, so plan accordingly.
- Choose Your Cabin Type: Depending on your budget and preference, select a cabin that best suits your needs.
- Fill Out the Booking Form: Provide the necessary information and any special requests you may have.
- Deposit Payment: A deposit is required to secure your booking. The amount varies based on the total cost of the trip.
- Confirmation: Upon receipt of your deposit, you’ll receive a confirmation of your booking along with further trip details.
When it comes to pricing, it’s essential to note that the rates for the Galaxy Diver II Liveaboard vary depending on the cabin type and time of year. Prices may rise during the peak season when marine life is more active and abundant.
Check out the pricing table below for a clearer understanding:
|Cabin Type||Low Season (USD)||High Season (USD)|
Always remember to book well in advance during peak seasons to ensure you get your preferred dates and cabin type!
Galaxy Diver II Liveaboard FAQs
I’m a newbie and have never been on a liveaboard before. What should I expect on the Galaxy Diver II?
For first-time liveaboard divers, the Galaxy Diver II offers a welcoming and comfortable experience. From spacious cabins to professional dive guides, everything is organized to ensure your safety and enjoyment. Each day is typically structured with up to 3-4 dives, delicious meals, and free time to relax or engage with fellow passengers.
I’m a seasoned diver and have been on several liveaboards. How does the Galaxy Diver II compare to other liveaboards?
The Galaxy Diver II stands out with its excellent service, spacious dive deck, and focus on ensuring enriching dive experiences. The vessel has a high crew-to-guest ratio, ensuring personalized attention. Further, the presence of naturalist dive guides who are deeply knowledgeable about the Galapagos marine ecosystem enhances the diving experience.
Can you provide some general information about the Galaxy Diver II Liveaboard?
The Galaxy Diver II is a 16-passenger vessel equipped with modern amenities. It features various cabin types to suit different preferences, a spacious dive deck, and communal areas for relaxation. Additionally, it provides an array of services including delicious cuisine and professionally guided diving sessions.
What can I expect while diving in the Galapagos with Galaxy Diver II?
Diving in the Galapagos with the Galaxy Diver II is an unforgettable experience. You’ll get the chance to explore unique underwater landscapes, encounter a wide variety of marine life including hammerhead sharks, manta rays, sea turtles, and in certain seasons, even whale sharks. The water temperature varies by season, but rest assured, the Galaxy Diver II provides all necessary equipment to keep you comfortable.
Final Take on the Galaxy Diver II
Whether you’re a seasoned diver or a novice just dipping your toes in the world of liveaboard adventures, the Galaxy Diver II offers a remarkable journey through the underwater treasures of the Galapagos.
With its comfortable accommodations, high safety standards, and enthusiastic crew, it’s a top-notch choice for divers seeking to explore the rich biodiversity of this world-renowned archipelago. So, why wait? Start planning your epic diving adventure on the Galaxy Diver II today!
Other Galapagos Liveaboards
- Prioritizes sustainability in all operations.
- Promotes green diving practices.
- Eco-conscious yet maintains dive quality.
- Affordable without compromising dive quality.
- Quality accommodations and staff.
- Inclusive packages maximize value for money.
- Premium cabins with top-tier amenities.
- Professional crew offers personalized service.
- Exclusive dive spots for unique experiences.