What can be more fun than spending some of your precious time underwater? To do this, you must know how to scuba dive. You can engage in diving for recreational purposes, rescue missions, or even for military operations; but it can be dangerous if you do not have the right diving gear. Atomic Aquatics makes some of the best diving gear you can find on the market.
Apart from looking at the affordability of diving gear, it is important to consider other factors such as the weight, durability, and efficiency. With so many factors to consider, and so many options available on the market, it can be challenging to find the best diving gear. Here is 2018’s best Atomic Aquatics diving gear for your consideration.
Best Atomic Aquatics Diving Gear FAQs
The following frequently asked questions will provide insight into what you should expect of quality diving gear.
Image from Pixabay
1. What Is Diving Gear?
This is equipment used by divers underwater to ease diving activities, making them safer and comfortable.
2. What Does Diving Gear Do?
Diving gear makes the underwater environment seem like the dry land; you can easily breathe, see clearly, and move freely.
3. How Does Diving Gear Work?
Diving gear involves the various equipment that is needed to breathe and swim underwater. The most common items are masks, fins, regulators, snorkels, and even dive computers.
Diving regulators typically work in two stages. In the first stage, the regulator works to reduce the high pressure in the dive tank that stores your breathing air. When the pressure is low, the air rushes into the hose through the regulator at regular intervals. You can then easily breathe under any water depth.
In the second stage, the air is delivered into your mouth when you want it. The regulator has a device that reduces pressure in the hose helping you breathe easily.
4. Where Can You Buy The Best Diving Gear?
The best diving gear is by the Atomic Aquatic company and you can get them from Amazon.
5. What Is Scuba Diving?
This is underwater diving where a diver uses a self-contained underwater breathing apparatus method, known in short as Scuba. This method recycles exhaled gas and does not draw air from the surface.
How We Reviewed
We carried out extensive research to find the best gear Atomic Aquatics has to offer. We looked at the different features of the gear and analyzed the pros and cons, the price, the warranty package, and where you can get the best models.
Image from Pixabay
What We Reviewed
- BC1 BCD
- T3 Titanium Swivel Sealed Regulator
- SS1 Safe Second Alternate Air Source Regulator
- Venom ARC (Anti-Reflective Coating) Mask
- Split Fins
- Blade Fin
- SV2 Semi Dry Snorkel
- Cobalt 2 Dive Computer
- Z2 Second Stage Regulator
- Frameless 2 Scuba Mask
Atomic Aquatics BC1 BCD
- Exclusive Laminated & Coated Waterproof Fabric - SHEDS water like a raincoat
- Ratcheting CAM-Lok tank band - very easy to use and works much like ski and snowboarding bindings
- Patented EZ-LOK weight release system - each pouch holds up to 10lbs
The Atomic Aquatics BC1 BCD, or buoyancy compensator device, is designed with a soft laminated and coated polyurethane fabric. The fabric is waterproof so you do not have to dry yourself after diving. The ratcheting band connects the Atomic Aquatics BC1 to a CAM-LOK tank, and it adjusts and locks easily to ensure a tight fit around any dive tank.
The BC1 has a patented EZ-LOK weight release system that easily fastens at the back of the BCD pockets. The BC1 BCD back pad and the lumbar pad guarantees diver comfort. It has pocket zippers designed with teeth covers to prevent sand from coming into contact with the moving parts.
This BCD has a limited lifetime warranty.
- It fits any dive tank
- Tough material construction
- Comfortable and secure
- Spacious for additional accessories
- Steady and easy-to-use straps
- You buy the power inflators separately
- Not suitable for heavyweight divers
Atomic Aquatics T3 Titanium Swivel Sealed Regulator
- Nitrox ready for mixtures up to 40%
- All titanium diving regulator
- Dependable system makes it good for travel
The T3 is the best regulator you can find on the market. The titanium construction and the design guarantees high performance and an easy breathe. It is reliable as it provides up to 3 years use or 300 dives before you have to service it. The T3 Titanium is compatible with nitrox and spins at first and second phase connections.
This product has a limited lifetime warranty.
- Compact and lightweight
- Corrosion free material construction
- Includes a free regulator bag
- Easy to breathe in without air adjustments
- High performance
- It does not work well with a wireless transmitter
Atomic Aquatics SS1 Safe Second Alternate Air Source Regulator
- Atomic Safe Second Inflator (SS1),Stainless Steel:
- Increased Safety in Out-of-Air Emergencies
- Lightweight, Streamline, Eliminates Backup-Regulator (Octopus)
The SS1 Safe Second ensures the diver is safe underwater in an emergency. It is easier to breathe in it like a primary regulator. This alternate air source regulator has two air sharing methods; the SS1 and the Octo. It provides high flow rates to a diver with less energy and has a 2-year or 300 dives service interval.
The product has a limited lifetime warranty
- Easy to put on and take off
- The regulators are removable allowing for change
- Provides easy breathing in deep waters
- Compatible with a variety of
- BCD hoses and sizes
- Instances of regulator leaks
- Prone to corrosion
Atomic Aquatics Venom (Anti-Reflective Coating) Mask
This Atomic Aquatics mask is made using Anti-Reflective technology. It has a Schott Superwite glass lens which enables you to see any object under the water clearly. The mask is completely secure and comfortable as it is double layered with comfy silicone edges. The Venom has one-window, low volume design to provide unhindered forward vision and maintain a wide viewing angle.
The Venom ARC has a limited lifetime warranty.
- It has a wide angle of view
- Low volume eases mask clearing
- Easy to adjust the straps
- The frameless design ensures comfort
- High optical quality
- You have to clear the mask at close intervals
- The glass lens is not ideal for people with narrow faces as it leaks.
Atomic Aquatics Split Fins
- Comes with Spring Heel Straps installed: A patented Atomic exclusive! Divers get a more comfortable fit and easy...
- Split Blade: The split blade deflects with the slightest kick to form a pair of wings that slice through the water with...
- High Surface Ratio Blade: Large surface area blade improves pivoting, turning, and alternate kicking styles.
The Split Fins minimize drag, maneuver easily, and ensure a constant forward propulsion. This makes them one of the best Atomic Aquatics products you can opt for. The split fins work exceptionally compared to conventional fins to ensure you propel with minimal effort and without straining. The spin design is known to reduce air consumption while the construction material provides high performance.
The product has a one-year warranty.
- Effortless propulsion which reduces strain
- High-quality material construction
- The EZ release system makes adjusting straps easy
- Comes in an exciting combination of colors
- Comfortable and easy to use
- It does not resist heavy currents
- They are stiff and heavy
Atomic Aquatics Blade Fin
- Power-Loop Monocque Structure - The engineering Term Monocque means single-shell utilizing the external skin to support...
- Foot Pocket Power Plate - The Power-Loop Monocque structure is connected to the sole plate (Power Plate) giving divers a...
- Power Rail - The frame rail design on each side of the fin mimics a backbone or spine connecting to the Monocque
The Blade Fin is one of the best pieces of Atomic Aquatics dive gear due to its monocoque structure. The structure provides powerful effortless propulsion through the frame rails. Its foot pocket fits tightly and is comfortable around the foot. The frame rails act as a backbone and to provide maximum comfort, and the fins are constantly straight thanks to the vertical stabilizers.
This product comes with a one-year warranty.
- Provide a powerful propulsion
- Easy to adjust the straps
- Great design for maximum performance
- Susceptible to corrosion
- The foot pocket is not flexible
Atomic Aquatics Sv2 Semi-Dry Snorkel
- Semi-Dry top diffuses splashed water that would normally freely enter the snorkel top
- Streamlined snorkel design that clears easily and is comfortable to use
- Sleek profile makes it easy to stow or strap as a valuable addition to your dive bag
This snorkel has a scupper valve on the lower section and a semi-dry top containing horizontal vents. These vents disperse the water the diver splashes to prevent them from entering the snorkel. The Sv2 is comfortable and clears easily. It has a sleek surface that aids in strapping.
This snorkel has a one-year warranty.
- The siphoning action clears the snorkel easily
- Good ventilation ideal for heavy breathing
- Comfortable to use
- The straps are a bit narrow
- A little bit heavy
Atomic Aquatics Cobalt 2 Dive Computer
- Updated version of the ground-breaking Cobalt dive computer
- More powerful microprocessor resulting in a noticeable difference in speed
- Brilliant full color OLED display provides the high contrast, sharpness and brightness that can be viewed at almost any...
This Atomic Aquatics Dive Computer has been rated as the best by many for a long time. Reading dive information will be easier for you when using this device due to the full-color LCD display. It is air integrated so you will know the current air pressure levels. The Cobalt is compatible with air and nitrox to 99% oxygen and comes with a lithium-ion rechargeable battery so you do not have to change it all the time and risk drowning your device.
This device comes with a full factory warranty.
- The leak-proof buttons prevent water from getting into your computer
- It includes a digital compass for easy navigation
- It includes visual and audio alarm
- Easy to use
- It is very clear even in deep waters
- It is not reliable
- It can be expensive
Atomic Aquatics Z2 Second Stage Regulator
The Atomic Aquatics Z2 Second Stage Regulator is designed to provide easy breathing regardless of the water depth. It has a zirconium coated valve body and a titanium control opening for durability. The diaphragm is made of silicone rubber and has a floating valve design to reduce wear and tear. It also has an adjustment knob for rare special occurrences.
The product comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Allows easy breathing
- Compact and lightweight
- Regular leaks may occur
- It may not withstand high-tide waters
Atomic Aquatics Frameless 2 Scuba Mask
- Atomic Aquatics Frameless-2 Mask:
- Low Volume Mask
- Widest Field of Vision in a Single Lens Mask
Atomic Aquatics Frameless 2 Scuba Mask is light and compact and is best at providing clear vision. It is frameless, which increases the angle of view. The glass lenses have no impurities thus you should not worry about color distortion. This low volume mask adjusts easily and has a hydrodynamic design which guarantees a great performance.
The mask comes with a one-year warranty.
- Easy to adjust the straps
- Wide angle of view
- No color distortion
- The plastic edge makes some people uncomfortable
- It leaks on people with wide faces
- The mask tends to fog after prolonged uses
Image from Atomic Aquatics
Diving Gear is must-have equipment for any diver. While there are diverse factors to consider, it is important to choose the gear that meets your needs. This review will come in handy to help you make an informed decision on the gear that Atomic Aquatic offers.
While the Atomic Aquatics Cobalt 2 Dive Computer is the ideal piece of gear for you to read all of your dive information, the Atomic Aquatics SS1 Safe Second Alternate Air Source Regulator is our overall best piece of Atomic Aquatic gear. It is pocket-friendly, comes with excellent features and its performance matches the price. Additionally, it installs easily, has removable regulators, and is compatible with various BCD hoses.
Last update on 2021-04-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API